Employer: Faculty of Law - University of the Western Cape
Location: Western Cape
Date posted: 13 Oct 2017
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) enjoys national and international acclaim for its continuing contribution to democratic change in South Africa and for making quality education accessible to all South Africans and developing centres of excellence of national importance. The Law Faculty seeks to employ a Senior Lecturer in the Public Law and Jurisprudence Department.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key responsibility areas:
- Teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level in the department (constitutional law, administrative law, public international law; human rights law)
- Research and publish
- Undertake community engagement
- Perform administrative duties in the faculty.
- The successful applicant must have a LLB, Masters Degree and Doctoral Degree in Law with specialisation in the field of public law and jurisprudence, 3 years teaching experience, postgraduate supervision will be advantageous, good publication and research record,
- Further to the above requirements teaching experience and research publications in the field of public law and jurisprudence will be an advantage.
In your application, you are encouraged to highlight your strengths and also include anything else that you feel may be pertinent to the selection panel. Please attach your covering letter, a detailed curriculum vitae and highest qualification to your online profile. To be considered for this vacancy, you must click on the Apply for this Job link below or apply directly via UWC Careers. For any queries, please contact the Human Resources Department at +27 21 959 4063/9763/9708/3551/3756.
EQUITY DISCLAIMER: In line with the University's commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants in line with Employment Targets of the University. The University reserves the right to not make an appointment, make an appointment at a different level, seek additional candidates and may conduct competency assessments.
Closing date: 22 October 2017
Contact Person: Human Resources Department
Contact Number: (021) 9594063/9763/9708/3551/3756
Contact Email: email@example.com